Hello and Welcome

As I am currently away from home for study, and as Skype has proven to be rather problematic in terms of time zones, I have decided to start a blog in an attempt to keep in touch with family and friends back in Canada.

September 6, 2011

Last Vacation Day



So, apparently the video didn't work in my last post, so I'm trying again, otherwise you can probably find something similar on youtube. The past few days we have been preparing to go back to school, and it has been interesting.

We thought we had a meeting on the 5th, but when we asked, no one really knew what it was or when. I asked our coordinator, but she said there wasn't a meeting, and something about a stretchy piece of paper, and in the end we didn't do anything, so hopefully there wasn't anything important. Soon we have our first day of class, and it will be at 8 in the morning for C Programming, originally it was at 7 at night, but it was rescheduled. The rest of the classes will be late though. We actually have the class before we sign up for it due to the wonkyness of the schedule, and I don't know if it's in English or Bilingual yet. But, it is exciting.


The last day, I only have one image which I took as we were leaving the hotel. We were allowed to sleep in a bit that day, and were supposed to go exploring on our own through the city, but I don't think anyone actually did. Everyone was pretty tired by then.

We had a nice breakfast, with both Western and Eastern styles. Like all of the breakfasts it was buffet style, and so I ended up eating quite a bit of delicious food. As it happens, hotel cheese is much better than the cheese you can find elsewhere, so I enjoyed that.

We left the hotel around 11 and headed to the airport, said good-bye to Aly-Shah's parents and everyone else, and then our tour guide brought us to the train station and helped us buy our tickets and made sure we knew how to find our seats on the train. Afterwards, Aly-Shah and I were on our way back to Hangzhou. =)

When we returned to our room, we unpacked and then proceeded to clean up a bit before relaxing, and that brings us back up to today! =)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment